Along with my co-organizer, Marc Bellemare, I am very excited to announce a special Ask the Editors Panel session in the Online Agricultural and Resource Economics Seminar (OARES). This special session will be held on Wednesday, September 16—at the usual time and place—11:00 am CST, online.
We plan on having editors from a number of the top academic journals in agricultural and resource economics. These include the following.
- Arun Agrawal from World Development
- Jennifer Alix-Garcia from the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (JAERE)
- Amy Ando from the American Journal of Agricultural Economics (AJAE)
- Chris Barrett from Food Policy
- Mindy Mallory from Agricultural Economics Perspectives and Policy (AEPP)
We hope this special session allows us to breakdown some of the “hidden curriculum” associated with academic publishing, specifically in agricultural and resource economics.
To achieve this goal we ask for questions to be submitted prior to the session. We will also spare some time for spontaneous Q&A during the session, but to help streamline facilitation we hope to create a list of questions that best represent persistent questions.
What is that one thing (or more!) you wish you knew when submitting a manuscript to an academic journal?
Please email your questions to me at bloem [dot] jeff [at] gmail [dot] com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for helping make this special Ask the Editors OARES session as beneficial as possible.